Tuesday, April 24, 2007

On The Needles

And batteries in the camera. My Green Socks knit along...The Chalet Socks from Folk Socks.
This picture makes them look rather blue, but it is really a nice emerald color.
My Classic Wool Sock kit from Peace Fleece.
I received this last year for my Birthday, I thought now was a good time to knit it.
It is just, once I do, it is done. I won't have it to knit anymore.
I am sure I will find something else to do... I just saw the Onion Dome Earflap Hat and Mitten kit as I acquired the link... oooooh.
The yarn for this sock is worsted weight.
I am going to be loving these socks next winter! It is a heavy, warm sock.
Almost makes me look forward to the cold weather... I know, I know, it is April, but you know as well as I do, I will be wearing my wool socks sooner than any of us like to admit.


And then there is the Lorna's Laces in Bee Stripe.
This is the cuff of INBA's gloves.
I think I may as well use two of the other skeins that I bought for my Hogwarts Sock Swap pal. Is anyone else laughing that I got a Hufflepuff?
Absolutely nothing against my pal, she seems really sweet and nice... I just cannot get away from black and gold.

Speaking of Magic
Eldest is in the school Talent Show today.
He is in 1st grade.
He and his buddy, Alex, are doing 'magic'.
Um, the beautiful thing about being 6 is having no concept of Fear and Humiliation.
Eldest has the barest concept of doing a trick.
He has no desire to practice or learn a new trick.
He has a (fabulous) magician's hat (with a false bottom) and a (stuffed) rabbit.
I tried (several times) to suggest that a script would be appropriate.
It isn't a good idea to turn your back on the audience while performing a trick.
Try speaking while performing, unless the silence is a gimmick.
I was ignored.
And really, I have never seen eyes roll around their sockets like that before. That may be the one thing he practices.
So, we will go and watch the show.
I am hoping that I am just freaking out on his behalf and it will be not nearly as bad as I am expecting. He will pull it off.
Good thing it is a Catholic School... no one will pay any attention to me praying!


3 comments:

Rani said...

Tee hee hee! I wish I could come and see the Great Magician. My six year old insisted on wearing his Batman cape while demonstrating his (achem) scooter "skills" at school. snicker snicker

I am also knitting for a Hufflepuffer, so I feel your pain - strange colors. Did I tell you that I am not really a Gryffindor - I just liked the color combo better;-)

And great minds think alike - I have the Folk Socks from the library per your suggestion, but the Chalet socks . . . I'm a few classes away from that!
ps. you have socks that rock

Celtic Queen said...

I just had a request last evening for socks in black and gold. Guess I'm off to get some Bee Stripe. :)

LaurieG said...

WW socks? I see wild hand painted socks in your future. Break out the Paton's Classic Wool and the food coloring!