Friday, March 02, 2007

NO CATS, ONLY BABIES

Personally, I would much rather look at a blog over run with cute babies than hairy felines. But that is just me and I happen to have a few pictures of an absolutely adorable baby...

In case you didn't get enough of the Pea, here's another. Isn't he scrumptious?!?!
He is a scandanavian boy, no hair under that hat! When he does get it, it will be lovely curls of flaxen gold. Lucky dog.






Who needs to be a dog when one could be a shark!!

A shot or two from the tank of the sharks you don't want to pet at the Aquarium of the Pacific.

You know the boys love that.








Can you spot the animal in this picture?












INBA even fed the Lorikeets! He always wanted to, but was too scared. He did great, this time!

Should I tell you that I have a skein of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Lorikeet colorway?
Yes, I had to purchase it because I missed the birds.







We had to sit on the runway at PIT for 3 hours the evening-turned-night that we left for LAX because of bad weather. So, me being me, opted to not sit in the car for the drive to LEGOLAND, but to suck it up and go to Disneyland (the much much shorter drive) with the boys.

Oh, for those who would know... it is shorter to drive from Long Beach to Disneyland in Anaheim than it is to drive from my house to Costco, time- wise. Of course, I love Costco waaaaay more than Disneyland.





The boys, however, love Union Station more than anything. Ok, maybe it is the trains and the MetroRail ride to get there, but it is none-the-less the premier destination for Mayhem children.





And then we came home to this...
Quite a chunk of ice there, INBA, did you get that off the car that sat in long term parking during the coldest week of this winter or did you find that elsewhere?




So what of the knitting? Did I take a vacation from that? Hardly! I knit INBA a 'shark' hat which is really the Whale of a Tail hat by Cabin Fever. And it is red. If I was more confident and had the mental energy to do so, I would design an actual shark hat and mitten and maybe even scarf (like the dragon) set for the boy. I will put it on the wouldn't-it-be-nice-to-do list.
Oh, Heck! I went looking for the Dragon and look what I found. The Mister and I have been sitting here contemplating how to knock it off... but the mental energy is too much, I may have to order the pattern. I may just contemplate it a bit more, tho.
Anyway, I am working on the Jitterbug Lagoon socks, so generously gifted to me by the ever fabulous Celtic Queen (you know she is a friend when she gives you yarn!) I have not quite finished the first sock, but it is almost off the needles.
I am waiting (impatiently) for my first shipment of the Rockin Sock Club. I am sure that this is a major part of why this week seemed so unbearably long. I am hoping that Mailman Tim is nice to me tomorrow.
So, I will post pics of the knits when I snap them...
Thanks for making it to the bottom...

1 comment:

LaurieG said...

Pictures! A few points:
1) I agree about the baby pictures, but there's a limit to how much I can do to get good blog fodder.
2) Looking at that picture of the boys at the aquarium, all I could think was "Gosh, that kid looks so much like his mother."
3) I want pics of the Rockin' Sock Club package asap.