Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It LIVES!!!

Here is my buddy, Mr. H who LOVES dinosaurs.



Mr. H loves dinosaurs the way INBA loves trains. It is kinda scary.
But I really like Mr. H.
He spends most Tuesday afternoons with INBA and me while his sister is at ballet. Mr H. does not want to sit through ballet.
Mr. H likes to watch me knit.
His mom won't let me adopt him. I asked.
Anyway, I thought it would be nice to knit him a dinosaur. Mostly because he said to me,
"You can knit socks, you can knit a dinosaur."
Throw down the gauntlet, why don't you?
So, Mr. H proceeded to watch me knit every Tuesday.
Ok, it was more like, "Hi, Mrs. Mayhem, why aren't you working on my dinosaur?"
"I am opening the door for you, Mr. H."
"Well, I will watch you work on my dinosaur, now."
What a task-master!
Mr. H picked yarn from my stash. I didn't have enough of the same weight (dk) of any one color to do the whole dinosaur, but Mr. H. said it was ok and stripes were good because no one has ever seen what a dinosaur really looks like anyway.
Ok.
Works for me.
He wants me to knit him each of the dinos out of the book
Knit-a-saurus, Cute and Cuddly Monsters by Donald Arthars,
but he isn't my kid and I already knit him the biggest one in the book.
I have assured him that when he learns to knit, he can knit them all himself.
Mr. H. is unimpressed.



2 comments:

LaurieG said...

I told you it was dinosaur tracks!

Rani said...

You are very kind. After knitting something like that dinosaur, I don't know if I'd even let my own kids have it!