Saturday, October 20, 2007

FO

TA-DA!!
Yes, I finished the cardigan! What cardigan? The cardigan that I started, um, back when. And Apparently, I was having issues with blue then, too! Funny.So this is Chunky Cables from Feb '07 Knit 'N Style. I substituted RYC Soft Tweed and used size 11 needles. Stitch gauge was fine but row gauge was way wonky (don't you just love learning things in your projects?) so the shawl and button band are a little weird (I didn't have nearly enough stitches called for in the pattern. I had to do some math, I think it worked out OK.) I added buttons that I knit in. It didn't take long to do- when I actually worked on it. It languished all summer in a basket next to the red chair. I became motivated to finish by assuming that it would become cold soon (at some point?) and the general need to finish something, anything. Overall, I love it. Super soft and very warm (just in time for 79 degrees tomorrow) and a lovely soft tweedy green (with bits of blue and pink) that will go with just about everything I own. Don't be surprised if you run into me in the next 7 months and I am wearing this sweater!
Photo credit goes to INBA who got very excited when he snapped the picture and it showed up on the camera. Find Joy in the small things. I need to do that more.

1 comment:

Rani said...

Beautiful picture! What a photographer!

The sweater is WOW - love it! And hopefully those chilly winds will start howling so you can justify wearing it!