Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Stuff

To get a big pot of cubed apples... One needs a sink full of peels and cores.
Soon it turns into this...
And eventually this...
Man, that is a lot of work for 5 pints of applesauce.
I still have apples... so I suppose I will make another batch tomorrow. That or I will freeze some and see how they work for a winter pie.
Mayhem Men entertainment.
This is how the guys (Mister included) spent the early part of the afternoon. They built a model of Pittsburgh in the sandbox for Virginia Friend's Flat Stanley.
Can you see that there is water in the Monongehela and the Allegheny? All those sticks are bridges, Percy is the Duquesne Incline, the blue rocket is the fountain at the point, and the sand castles are the buildings "dahn-tahn". You cannot see here, but they dug the Liberty and the Fort Pitt Tunnels, too.
After that, the Mister took the boys (Stanley included) out to look for the photographic vantage point of the model. They did pretty well, but I will spare you more pictures of the 'burgh.
I have a few projects in the works. A couple might even be approaching finishing stage. Maybe if I go work on some, I might have something to show next week. It is a concept. I know.

No comments: