Monday, October 22, 2007

Crazy October

This is the tree in front of my house. Of course, all my maples look like this (except for the red one.) Just a touch of pale in the leaves, but overall, green.
This is the tree across the street from my house. And this picture doesn't do it justice. I would have tried another shot of it, but I got shy when I noticed a workman at the house next door watching me. I didn't really know how to shout, "Don't worry! I am just going to blog this!" and sound normal.It is supposed to be in the high 70's again today. This is really cramping my time with the now-finished cardigan. 5 bucks says that it is pleasant until the day before Halloween and then the kids are going to have to beg for candy in parkas. But then, growing up in Northern Michigan, that just seems normal.
What is with the obsession with "normal" today?
I best go do something unusual.
Have a fabulous week.

1 comment:

Rani said...

Sounds like Halloween in MN. We buy the costumes a couple sizes bigger so you can stuff a down jacket and under that Bobo Fett costume.

Also, the tree across the street is a sugar maple. The one in your yard may be a different type . . . silver maple? Mountain maple? Something like that. . .

Or maybe just a stubborn tree!