Thursday, February 07, 2008

Out of Time-Out

I don't think I mentioned that I got mad at INBA's vest.
It is a "Right Twist Mock Cable" ribbing (#1 from Vogue Knitting Stitchionary 2) in a modified "Basic Vest for Children" pattern by Knitting Pure & Simple.
(I really like this pattern, have knit it several times for the boys. Well, never actually just as written. It is basic after all, and you know how I am. But it is a great place to start.) Anyway, the pattern is only a two row repeat: twist one row, knit even the next.
I separated for front and back at the appropriate length measure and didn't pay attention to which pattern row I was on... yes, I divided on an even row. So when I went to purl back, I couldn't twist on the front. *ACK*
Unknitting or worse, frogging annoys me.
I am much better than I ever used to be about accepting the progress, postitive and negative, of any given project. Still, I was annoyed that the stupid vest let me do that. (Yes, I am blaming the vest. So?) And it went into time out. But only for a week. My love has waned, knowing how it betrayed me, though. Only those 4 measley inches added in the last week.
To make matters worse. My camera doesn't like the color. Red Pepper (Swish Worsted) and seriously the color of red peppers. And it is lovely yarn to work with. *Sigh* I may have to renew my commitments to this project. INBA is pestering me, too. *Sigh* And he wants one with "Big Ropes" now, too.
A Mother's work is never done.
But my Monkey is.
Well, one.
It is fun to knit.
But, I think I am more picky about my socks than I thought.
I only have a bit of the ribbing done on the second sock.
Check out the close up...
Those little bits that look like white fuzz...
S.P.A.R.K.L.E.

On the family front...

My 2nd grader has a baaaaad case of "Mom is stupid, I am king of the world."

This is not pleasing, especially since I have had a headache for the last 10 days (I think my version of the virus that is going around) and my tolerance is about, oh, nil. Parenting is hard. And time consuming. And frustrating.

Of course, it is quite nice when people tell me how charming and warm he is.

I think I need to go find someone to tell me that today.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh, the monkeys look smashing in sparkly yarn!

And parenting is hard - I'm stupid around here 90% of the time. Occasionally, the kids will ask a question, to which I know the perfectly stunning answer to and they'll look extremely puzzled and ask, "How'd you know that?" Doh!

Take care of that headache!

(Oh, my verification word: sbqzDMB - even the computer thinks I'm dmb)

Darka said...

I love the Monkey. I think someday I will feel brave enough to do a Cookie sock pattern. I was hoping to making knitting group tonight but everyone here is under the weather... hopefully I will see you at the next one!

Stephieface said...

Its the same with my children. I drop them off with a sitter knowing full well that I look utterly bedraggled and zombierific. The minute an open escape route is left open I'm out the door. When I return, refreshed and praying the sitter is not (as I imagine) sitting in a ginat cauldron of sitter soup with my children dancing around her. The door is opened and she smiles claiming they were perfect angels... and I have to wonder if I'm at the right house.