Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!

I hope it is peaceful and prosperous for us all.


The boys go back to school on the 3rd. It will be nice to have a routine again. We have all enjoyed and had our fill of lounging around and playing games. The Mister dismantled the tree and boxed up all the bric-a-brac this afternoon. The house feels a bit naked. But the boys quickly spread the trains around the living room- INBA recieved yet another train set for Christmas, this one Geotrax- they have that and the blue track Thomas sets intermingled in there.
The New Year's pork roast is braising in the oven. The house smells like cabbage and dark beer. I use the 'braised pork and sauerkraut' recipe from the "Joy of Cooking" and Yuengling Black and Tan. YUM. We had our New Year's Eve Pretzel last night, a "tradition" that I just learned about this year... and will very much be a tradition from now on! I think I will make a braid of this recipe for Easter, too. SO GOOD!

As for the rest of this year... I suppose I will continue to strive to be a loving mother and wife and friend. For knitting aspirations, I will figure out a way to make a sock that fits the Mister nicely (darn skinny ankles!) I hope to be healed enought to finish the Bauhaus Fair Isle for him, too. And just so it isn't all about him (imagine!) I would like to make myself something, too. If I don't find a sweater to fall in love with... the "Cape Collar Jacket" in the Winter 07/08 Vogue Knitting (they don't have it to preview on the website, phooey)that just came yesterday might be one to, though... maybe a beautiful lace shawl-like the dark blue beaded diamond one in the middle of the top row. For the boys, I have a vest 2/3 done for Eldest in school color purple. I have some red pepper swish superwash for a vest for INBA, next.

I have plenty of FO's to show, but the camera is AWOL at the moment, hiding in the car, I think. So I will save the deluge of pictures for another day.

And don't forget that Chez Mayhem celebrates Rock Day (St. Distaff's Day) next Sunday at 1pm! Partly work and partly play....

No comments: