Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Adventures


Sunday we set off for Meadowcroft.


Like the cute picture of the boys at the Trolley Museum?

Ach-em, phone first is the lesson of the day.

Of course, I had done all my web stuff for Meadowcroft... in May... when I was freaking out thinking about what we were going to do this summer. I guess they didn't have the WE ARE GOING TO BE CLOSED sign on the website at that point. ugh.



Still it was a nice drive- Washington County is beautiful, PA50 is a winding road through farms and orchards and tiny towns. Quite charming. The Trolley Museum wasn't far from where we were, so it wasn't a total disappointment.



This was a fun project for movie night. I tried to find a link, but didn't come up with one. I picked up this kit a Bloomin Yarns (love that LYS) and it is 'hemp for knitting' Cashmere Canapa. Very nice, I like a lot!


Since I was taking a picture of the linkless kit, I thought I could take a picture of The Mardi Gras Socks (cannot express my deep love and affection for Jitterbug) and my Garden Harvest Socks that I finished last night. The Handpainted yarn is by Fernwood Woolworks, I bought mine on ebay a good while ago, but she has an etsy shop, too. Oh, heck, did you see the one called 'tickertape'??? darn links. I did the heels and toes in Paton's Kroy Sock yarn, I was worried that I would run out of yarn since I previously made a pair of gloves out of this hank. hah, you should see how much I had left! But I really like the socks like this, so, it is ok.

So Rani had asked what I thought of Vogue Knitting. I really like it. It is more inspiration than anything. I am larger than their models (size large is a 36" chest?!?!) and I am not really going to spend the time to knit high fasion garments that I have to wait for them to come back into fasion because it took so long for me to knit it. But I do love the magazine. The one that I do knit objects from is Interweave Knits and if you haven't seen Knitting Daily, go.
Heather asked what I thought of Harry Potter... Oh, so, good. I am thinking of rereading the series, myself. Eldest just finished book one and wants to talk about all the nooks and crannies. It has been years since I read that book! So, we will see.

Ok, off to the pool. The weather is supposed to be unbearable again today.

1 comment:

LaurieG said...

I can not believe you finished a mitt already! I haven't even taken any of my yarn out of the bag yet...