Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Whew, it is so nice to have a little relief from the humidity.
So, yeah, Laurie sucked me into the Mystery Stole 3. Honest, she twisted my pinkie finger until I said, "ok, I admit it! I have beautiful lace weight and even some beads to match right there in my den of craftiness! Ok! Ok! I will knit the MS3, even though it means neglecting the Mister's sweater and staying up too late fiddling with 1mm crochet hooks and charts!" This is 50 rows of clue one. Hush, I know that clue 2 was released last Friday and that clue 3 is available tomorrow. Hush.
Yea! 50 rows! Thank you.
This is my first lace project with lace weight yarn.
And I am not fast and I am easily distracted.
For some reason, I start out on the right row in the chart, but before I make it to the center I have jumped 2 to 3 rows up in the chart. This involves too much tinking. I am trying to catch myself now before I go more than 2 or 3 stitches awry. Otherwise... well this may be my last lace project.
No!
I am optomistic! I can do this. I can wrap my worn out brain around dots and dashes on grid paper.
I can! I will! I hope.

3 comments:

Bubblie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rani said...

Oops that was me. It sounds like Barnes is not so Noble.

But the news on MS3 is very exciting. Can't wait to watch the process!!

Anonymous said...

the colourway for the jitterbug sock is jewel 54!