Monday, June 25, 2007

Welcome Back

Not that you could really tell we were gone. I just love the whole blogging "postcards" from my phone.
So what of Delaware? My SIL lives out there, we went to visit and spent most of our time at the beach. Missed connections and we ended up most of the time on our own. Which was ok in one way, but the boys would have had even more fun digging with their cousins. Whatever, I can only show up where I am told to be.

I would show you the hat that I knit on the way, but you can't see it because it is camouflage.
I finished the neighbor's graduation gift on the way home.
All the loose ends on this stuff is because I forgot my notions bag.
I left it on the couch next to where I was packing up my projects for the trip.
OOps. In Between

We stopped by Strasburg on the way home. Thomas was having a Day Out, to it was way more crowded than usual, I am sure. We still did the museum and such, but didn't ride any trains. INBA was not happy about that. But we will DEFINATELY go back.


This is Eldest on Vacation.

INBA and Eldest. Can you tell the kid (INBA) is in his element?
I am sparing you the pics (unless you beg) of all the trains in the museum (which is one of the best we have been to, and we have been to plenty.) I am going to put together a collage for the boy. He picked up a video called "Extreme Steam." All Steam Engines, all the time. I am giddy, are you? heh. He couldn't be happier. That's what counts.
I just cannot deny the kid anything when he is so excited about this stuff.
Since we were so close, we drove through Harrisburg to see where the yahoos spend our money.
Isn't the Mister handsome?
Stop drooling, girls, he's mine.

And Eldest.
In the Mail

Wednesday, before we left, I found this in the mailbox.
The June kit of the Rockin' Sock Club.
Just in time for the Summer Solstice, the Solstice Sock.
Clever, aren't they?
When we got home...
An owl had dropped this into my box!
Thank you, HEATHER!
Fabulous socks (that fit perfectly) of Regia Bamboo Color that she knit with bamboo needles!
I find that so amusing!!
Even better is that she included Crystal Palace Bamboo needles for me, too!
And, yes, Heather, I am going to have to fight the boys for the candies. They are hoping to find some booger and earthworm flavored beans in the mix.
ugh, boys.
I am anxious to try the "Exploding BonBons."
We need some variety in the BonBons around here! LOL.
Overall, very pleased with my first experience in knit-swapping.
Lacey is pleased with her package and I am estatic about mine.
Knitters are a good bunch of people.

1 comment:

Rani said...

Looks like a fun vacation! I LOVE the hat. My boys would really like that. Post what kind of yarn you used - if you don't mind. I'll need to copy you!

fun fun fun Hogwarts stuff. Haven't sent mine out yet.

CIAO for now!