Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Old and New

I need to figure out how to blog from my new phone (the enV Touch. Which I love and may have just learned a couple things about by watching that link.)
I mean, I can still do the text message thing, but I want to figure out how to navigate to something other than facebook. But I am old (not 16 anymore.)
Check out the new legs (not 3 months, yet.)
The legwarmers were found by Laurie, right under my nose. I had misplaced them just before she was born until 2 weeks ago.They are a modification of the legwarmer pattern in The Expectant Knitter.
I don't have the book in front of me, I think she used sport or dk weight. I used Julia's sock yarn. I have a pair of socks from the rest of the hank.
Anyway, I just converted the row gauge of the pattern to inches to knit. That is she said knit 8 rows and that really meant knit an inch- I am making up the numbers but you see what I mean? Either way, we ended up with legwarmers.
How about a cheer for unseasonably cool summer days?
Don't you just love Laurie's Cardi? It is Noro, Silk Garden Lite? Best part, sparkly heart buttons. Priceless. The friend and the cardigan.
Happy 4th of July We enjoyed a the weekend. It warmed up enough for the boys to spend some time at MIL's pool.
When did they get so big? *sigh*
They celebrated independence day by playing with Diet Coke and Mentos. INBA told me today that it was the best 4th of July he ever had. *aww* The Mister walked the boys up to the corner (about 1/2 mile) to watch the township fireworks. Lil'one and I watched the fireworks in DC and then the recap of the ones downtown.

Plenty of activity around here to keep us cruising thru our days.
I am still struggling to find balance between all 3 and me.
I really got used to having a little down time to myself and I am afraid that stealing that anymore means aggravating the sleep deprivation. But, when you need a couple hours of quiet creative time, you need it.
I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Dead tired.
That may be tomorrow...

No comments: