Thursday, March 09, 2006

Balmy

Yes, a weather report from my house. Balmy and 63. Sick and twisted when 63 feels so warm! Of course, I am still in a turtleneck and wool blend sweater...

What I Really Want

So, I thought of what I really want. The Mister tells me that he reads my blog occasionally. Hey, Mister! I want our family room painted. Yes, I want chocolate brown on that one wall and the sage on the other two. Yes, yes, those are the colors I want. They are in the garage. They just need to be "shaken, not stirred" and half the work is done! OOOOH, if it was done in time for my birthday. MMMMM, well, we all get to enjoy.

I Miss the Olympics

I really do. I don't miss all those darn loose ends of the frog, but I miss the permission to sit down for 15 minutes in the middle of the day when I should have been doing something else and knit. I look longingly at my spot on the couch and then at the clock. Seven o'clock cannot come quick enough some days.

I do love my go knit bag. I love it because I can stick it in my purse. I can have a sock with me all the time and I don't have to worry about losing a needle or anything weird getting stuck in my yarn. I can get a round or two done while waiting to pick up INBA from preschool, while the Mister is driving us to and fro, I even worked some at the Home Show last weekend while the boys played in the children's village! Happy Momma. I just don't get bored and aggitated if I have something that feels productive to do. Thank goodness I learned to knit. It is a pity that I have wasted so much time. I need to make up.

One Thing Before I Go

I forgot to see what number I am up to...

** relatively little squinting with relatively little sun.

probably shouldn't allow myself to be relatively sarcastic...

No comments: