Thursday, November 30, 2006

Let Me Tell You About My First Experience...

With a Cookie Press.
I picked up a press to use with a great Butter Cookie Recipe that I found online. The Mister and the boys like them, I thought it would be fun to make shapes that didn't require the mess of rollers and cutters. Anyway, the sad thing is that I had never used a cookie press nor seen a cookie press in use. I will not disclose how many blobs of dough were formed before I figured out the incredibly simple act of pressing cookies. *sigh* And no, the instructions that came with my economy minded cookie press (no sense becoming heavily invested if there is real potential of not using a second time) were minimal at best, no pictures, a lot assumed. And we all know what ASSUME stands for... Luckily, the cookies taste the same no matter what they look like.

Eldest way to spend a day...


Here is Eldest, center in red, at his last floor hockey game of the session. He sure loves running around with a stick in his hand.




















Here's a sprouted pea... a mere 9 pounds and 23 inches...

Is he not the most adorable baby you have seen all day?!?!









Here is a glimpse into after Thanksgiving entertainment. The Mister and his mom worked on the puzzle while I gathered up my projects. The Peapod was sent off to the pea that sprouted.










The Sven has been finished and is awaiting its
own departure.












And here is my contribution to an ornament exchange. I got the pattern out of the Interweave Knits Holiday magazine. I incorporated the fair isle pattern. I must say that it was unbearably cute.

1 comment:

LaurieG said...

Show us the Hubby Sweater!