Monday, September 04, 2006

What Would You Do With a Camera?

Hmm, I suppose I would take a picture... if only I had not left the memory card in the computer.
So here is a link instead, to the World's Largest Teapot in Chester, WV. I wonder if they have ever made a pot of tea in this teapot... could you really call it a teapot if you haven't made tea?

We were on our way to Minerva, Ohio to ride a Train. It was good, less than 2 hours from home, so Mommy didn't get too cranky. The train ride was fun, but the boys would have liked to go faster and farther. Of course.

I worked on a sweater for Baby H, not expected until January, but I found the size 10 1/2 needles before the size 6 I was looking for to work the pea pod yarn. I have been fondling it, wondering where I put those needles. The Mister put up more shelves for me in my Sewing Room. It is just the hauling of all my junk up from the basement that seems to be hindering my progress in putting it all back together and knowing where my junk is. Not that I don't know that it is in the basement right now...where it has been since July.

Regardless, it really was almost, only 5 hours for a baby sweater. Not knowing the sex of Baby H, I opted to twist my Make 1's for a less lacy look. I like it so much!
It only took one skein of Caron Simply Soft Tweed in Grape, which is much more of a royal purple. It is an Acrylic with Rayon. And frankly, it is simply soft with a lovely sheen.
Oh, did you notice the button? It is yellow, from the pile in a previous post. See, the junk is useful.
I didn't put the cord through the eyelets at the neck. For some reason, I couldn't put a little rope around the baby neck.




This is the swatch for The Mister's Blue Cable Sweater. I didn't realize how much the cable would suck up the stitches. It is beautiful and I really like the Patons Classic Wool.



Otherwise, still working on the Shawls, I have a sock on, too. The weather is reminding me that I have no reason, ever, not to knit socks.

No comments: