Thursday, July 10, 2008

Nada

No, Chez Mayhem havsn't fallen off the face of the earth...it has just been... Mayhem.

The Mister was out in Idaho this week, so the boys and I were on our own. We managed. But it sure was nice to see the Mister walk in the door just in time for dinner tonight!

Over the 4th we made our 2nd annual camping trip to Ohiopyle. I really like it there. It is a great State Park and it is just so beautiful. Only an hour and a half away, too! You know I like that part! (Not in the typical Pittsburgh way of not wanting to be out of earshot of home, in the way that my body cannot take being cooped up in a car for more than 2 hours or so. *bleepity* shoulder. I am still a wreck from South Carolina.)

I haven't uploaded anything off the camera yet. I did get all the gear washed. It was pretty damp this year... have you ever smelled wet boy after 3 days of mud and river and no bath... stinks everything up, I tell you. We had friends that got a campsite, too. There was a small gang of boys for 2 of the days. Geesh, to be 6, 7, 8, or 9. Does it get any more free than a summer camping trip at that age? I cannot even tell you how much fun they had. Oh, and I didn't even mention the mountain pies! Man, we had a great trip. We need to do that more often.

2 comments:

LaurieG said...

Two big(ger) boys after a week of mud, river, no bath, paddling canoes. Serious funk. They're going camping next week. They got the mountain pie things too.

Rani said...

That sounds like a good old fashioned 4th of July - Boy Version.

Those Mountain Pies look very very good!